Tremec TCET5008 Ford TKO 600 with Bowler Low Profile Top 5-Speed Performance Transmission .64 5th
Tremec TCET5008 Ford TKO 600 5-speed manual transmission for Ford applications.
- Bowler Exclusive Billet Low Profile Top Cover
- Great fit for early Mustangs to minimize the need for tunnel modifications, except for ’65-’66 Models. You can install a TKO into a SBF 67-73 Mustang without modification to the floor. In 65-66 Mustangs, the low profile is needed but it will still need floor support to be modified in order to come back 2-3/8” using the stock crossmember.
- Rated for up to 600 lb-ft of torque
- Just 99lbs (dry)
- Bolts up to a standard Ford four speed bellhousing (not included) or use a Quicktime Bell housing
- Input Shaft: 26 Spline
- Output Shaft: 31 Spline
- Ratios: 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, .64
- Multiple shifter locations & dual speedo pick-ups for extreme versatility
- Robust 3-rail internal shift mechanism offers firm, positive shifts
- Recommended for street use and low rpm highway cruising
Most models are in stock and ready to ship.
Tremec has set the standard for aftermarket manual transmissions, and Bowler Performance Transmissions is proud to be an Elite Distributor for the complete Tremec line. Converting your hot rod to a 5-speed or 6-speed is a fantastic way to add overdrive. You will also give yourself the ability to drop the engine RPM’s and increase your MPG’s, which makes owning and driving our prized cars that much more enjoyable. The experienced crew at Bowler Performance will be happy to put together a complete custom package for your project. You can choose from one of our pre-configured systems that will give you the best of everything you need. When you are shopping for a transmission conversion be sure to look at all the parts that are included – many times lower quality and “knock off” parts are being used to give you a lower price. Do not let your installation or driving experience suffer by the allure of a lower price. Buy it right and you will only need to buy it once.
The Tremec TKO500/600 series of 5-speed transmissions are the perfect way to easily add an overdrive transmission to your hot rod project. Designed and built as a direct replacement for the Ford and GM factory 4-speeds, this line of 5-speeds will likely fit your original bell housing, and in most cases utilize the factory flywheel, pressure plate, and mechanical clutch linkage if they are all in good condition. Some conversions will only require a new 26 spline clutch disc, slip yoke/shortened driveshaft, and cross member relocation. There is also a wide array of shift stub relocation kits available to allow you to retain your factory 4-speed console or shift lever location. The TKO series has 3 different shift locations available and is also equipped with the ability to give you a mechanical or electronic speedometer output, built-in neutral safety and reverse light switches. There are multiple gear set options to accommodate a wide range of rear gear ratios and tire sizes, as well as, a stout 500ft/lb. & 600ft/lb. constant torque rating to put your power to the ground. Its compact size also allows it to fit most cars without transmission tunnel modifications.