Terms & Conditions
Returns, Cancelations, and Credit Card Authorizations
Returns and Exchanges
Here at Bowler Performance Transmissions we strive to provide the best customer experience possible. We are hot rod enthusiasts just like you and we know that there are times when parts do not fit as they should, arrive damaged, were sent incorrectly, or you just flat out changed your mind. For these reasons we will make every effort to accommodate our customers in their car building journey, but there are times, where as a business, we have to make tough decisions on how to handle these issues.
The following guidelines serve as a simple and easy to follow guide to our returns and exchanges policy in order for you to have the best experience possible. We have each potential problem listed below with the correct course of action to quickly and effectively get you taken care of. In case of a return for any reason please contact us directly before sending the return so that we can issue you a return number. This return number is critical in helping us get you taken care of as soon as possible. If we do not have this return number easily visible on the package when we get it back it may end up delaying a resolution as we are trying to figure out why we received the part.
Bowler Performance Transmissions has a comprehensive line of products so this isn’t a “one size fits all” situation. Each type of product we sell has a slightly different warranty scenario so we will keep it as simple as possible. As we build the best transmission packages in the world, you may never need to use the warranty, but just in case, here it is:
- Electrical Parts or Components: A 12 month from date of purchase warranty on all electrical parts or components. We will need the faulty part for evaluation before a warranty credit can be issued.
- Transmissions: Custom automatic transmissions as well as the Tremec line of transmissions have a 12 month conditional warranty from the date of install. We will extend up to a 2 year from date of purchase grace period for the install to be completed before this warranty goes into effect. What conditional means is that the warranty is based on what we find during the warranty inspection. Transmissions are subject to enormous amounts of stress and wear. This is the reason we dyno test all of our transmissions before shipment. This will, in most cases, expose any flawed parts before it ever reaches your door ensuring you will have a trouble free experience. A proper installation is crucial to reduce the probability that a problem will arise. We cannot cover a transmission that was not properly installed.
- Clutches and Flywheels: Due to the extreme stress that clutch components are subjected to, they are covered by a 30 day warranty from the date of install. The warranty will cover manufacturing defects only. Improper clutch break in is not covered by warranty. Please follow all clutch manufacturer guidelines when breaking in your new clutch. Special note: Clutch discs, flywheels, and pressure plates are non-returnable once they have been installed*
- Touch N Go Products: All Touch N Go products are covered under a warranty for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- All Other Components: All of our other products are covered under a 12 month warranty from the date of install. Install must be completed within 2 years of the purchase date. If it is a part that Bowler Performance Transmissions manufactures, and it breaks, we will replace it. If it is a part that we sell for another manufacturer we will follow the manufacturers guidelines on warranty coverage.
Missing or Damaged Products
Although this is a very rare occurrence, it can and sometimes does happen. We ask that you fully check and inspect your packages as soon as they arrive for any missing and/or damaged parts. In the case of a package that arrives with visible damage to the packaging and/or broken or missing parts we need to be notified immediately or you need to refuse the package due to damage. This ensures that we are able to effectively file a claim with the carrier. If the package has arrived and you have parts missing we must be notified within 10 days of the delivery of that package in order to send your replacement parts. We cannot be held responsible for a package that has not been opened and inspected beyond 10 days after delivery. If you believe that you are missing parts please contact us immediately and we will discuss your order with you to determine what may be missing. With all full transmission packages we take pre-shipment photos, which we can provide to help you identify parts that may be missing.
Product Received Does Not Match What Was Ordered
We tried to build robots to help us ship our orders, but we quickly realized that we do a much better job at building transmissions. In this case our humans in shipping are just that, humans, and are prone to the occasional error. We sincerely apologize if you received a part that wasn’t what you ordered. If this is the case, please let us know and we will promptly issue you a call tag to return the incorrect item and at the same time ship you the correct item.
Building custom cars and trucks is a fun and rewarding hobby or career for some. We all have these great visions of how the final product will turn out and sometimes along the way the parts we order don’t fit that vision once we have them in our hands. If this happens to you, we want to help. If you have ordered a part that you no longer want (within 90 days of the purchase date) for any reason, just give us a call and we will do the best we can to accommodate the return. We will reserve the right to charge up to a 25% restocking fee for unwanted parts that are in BRAND NEW condition. If the part shows any signs of wear or damage we reserve the right to refuse the return or if we do accept the used/damaged part we will charge the 25% restock fee. If you have an item you would like to exchange for another item, the item must be in BRAND NEW condition in order to get full credit towards the exchange. Shipping charges are not refundable in any of these scenarios, and you will be responsible for shipping the item back and it must be properly packaged to ensure it reaches us in BRAND NEW condition.
Touch N Go Product Issues
Touch N Go problems can often be diagnosed and fixed over the phone. Please call first and be sure we have tried everything possible to solve the issue with the current parts you have. If we’ve determined that the only solution is to exchange or replace your current system part(s) we will ask for a credit card number to secure the new unit until we receive the faulty part back from you. We will cover the shipping costs in both directions as long as the faulty parts are received within 10 days of us shipping the replacement part. After 10 days we will notify you that we haven’t received the part and will be charging the agreed upon fee. That fee is completely refundable once the faulty part has been returned. The Touch N Go product has a warranty period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
There are going to be times when you fall into the gray area that can’t be defined by normal standards. If you feel your situation is unique and doesn’t fit neatly under any of the other categories on this page just give us a call or click the contact button below. There has never been a problem that we haven’t found a solution for. One way or another we will get you taken care of. We appreciate your loyalty to our company and we will in most cases, go above and beyond to make sure you are taken care of.